Projects and Some Achievements
Past and recent projects we carried out.
- Micro-credit for farmers.
- Provision of more tractors, plough, etc.
- Coordinating of all Farmers association of Nigeria (AFAN) meeting.
- Participating in annual World food day.
- Capacity building for farmers by extension officers on modern methods of farming and storage of farm produce.
- Subsidy on fertilizer, herbicides, improved seedling distribution.
- Organizing meeting on peaceful co-existence between Fulani/Bororo herdsmen and farmers.
- Provision of free text books and exercise books in all primary schools in the Local Government Area.
- Provision of free mid-day meals in all primary schools in the Local Government Area.
- Construction of new blocks of classrooms in primary schools.
- Renovation of classrooms.
- Training Courses for Teachers.
- Creating awareness on COVID-19.
- Health awareness programmes in each ward in the Local Government Area.
- Provision of essential vaccines and mobilization on.
- Provision of Drugs to Local Government Health Institutions.
- Provision of Equipment.
- Provision of Laboratory services.
- Provision of Family Planning services.
- Procurement of Covid-19 preventive measures.
- Grading of existing roads.
- Rehabilitation of some rural roads.
- Grading of Akinsawe road Ejioku.
- Grading of Akada road Lalupon.
- Opening of road beside Valiant school along Akinsawe road linking Federal Housing scheme.
- Grading of Oke-Orogbo Sawmill road.
- Grading of Technical road, Lalupon.
- Channelization of Okuseru River in Akunsawe area.
- Dredging of Iyana Offa / Arikuyeri River.
Youth and Social Development
- Annual inter-school competition.
- Workshops and seminars in schools.
- Community Development activities by organizations.
Water and Sanitation
- More access to Safe Drinking Water.
- Safe Method of Solid Waste Disposal.
- Effective monitoring of both the weekly and monthly sanitation.
- House to house inspections on Hygiene.
- Removal of Waste from Illegal dumps sites.
- Clearing of drainages.
- Chlorination of wells.
- Burial of paupers (Unidentified bodies).
- Fumigation and Decontamination of surroundings within the Local Government.
- Clearing of overgrown weeds.
- Market sanitation.
- School inspections.
- Control of street trading.
- Inspection of regulated premises.